CNG is the cleanest-burning of the commonly used alternative fuels. CNG can be utilized in both dedicated fuel and bi-fuel (gasoline/cng) vehicles. Natural Gas Vehicles (NGVs) range in size from passenger cars to municipal buses. CNG tends to be a less corrosive fuel and, therefore, reduces maintenance costs and increases the lifespan of an engine.
Key Market Drivers for NGVs:
Abundant Domestic Energy Supply:
- 98% produced in North America
- Development of shale has increased supply to well over 100 years
- Reduces emissions up to 90% over diesel and gasoline
- Inherently cleaner because it is 97% methane (CH4), compared to other fuels with higher carbon content. (Diesel – C14H30; Gasoline – C8H18).
- NGVs emit 13-21% fewer Greenhouse Gases (GHG) than diesel and gasoline.